How excited are you right now? You and your girlfriends have spent months preparing for the ultimate getaway and finally made the booking.
You have already begun thinking about the outfits you want to wear as well as shopping for your holiday wardrobe, last year’s bikini is already in the trash and you’re seeking out a new one.
However, you know one aspect of the holiday experience is upon you, and that is packing – after ensuring your home security with a reliable company like Barrington Security
of course. Whether you are an individual who is super organized or gets ready at the last minute, we all struggle with packing correctly to keep our luggage below the airlines weight limit. The only other choice we have is to pay incredibly high excess baggage fees, so it is best to plan ahead and pack smart.
Here are five tips that are going to allow you to do just that:
Choose The Right Clothing To Travel In
If you’re looking for one of the best ways to keep the weight down with check luggage, as well as staying warm during your flight, you want to travel in your heaviest clothing. You will be able to wear these outfits during the evenings and on your journey back home. Is also important to pack emergency travel essentials in your carry-on, remembering that travel size toiletries must be under 100 mL, as well as a change of clothes, just in case there is a delay in your checked bag.
What About Your Suitcase?
It is important to invest in a suitcase that is not only light but offers four wheels which will allow you to simply roll the suitcase by your side, making travel a lot less stressful
If you’re going to be traveling within the United States, consider suitcases with TSA locks. This is ideal if customs officers need to search your case, it can be opened without the locks being broken.
Consider What Is Supplied By Hotels
There are many items that will be supplied by your hotel including shampoos, conditioners, shower gels, as well as towels and hairdryers. With this in mind, there is no reason to bring anything that may be supplied by the hotel with you.
Only Take What Is Needed… Seriously
The for you even consider packing, double check the free checked bag allowance as this is going to vary by airlines. Once you know what you’re able to bring for free, you’ll really need to think about what you want to bring. It is not uncommon for a step to bring half of our wardrobe and only use about three outfits while on a beach holiday. In fact, many hotels offer a laundry service which you can take full advantage of. While this may be an expensive solution, it does help to keep your packing to an absolute minimum.
Make A List
One of the most common mistakes that is done while packing is taking too much of the wrong items and not what you need. A case in point, you may bring eight pairs of shorts but forget about it toothbrush or hairbrush. The easiest way to remember all the essentials is to create a list in advance. Your some basic recommendations that you do not want to travel without:
- Hand Luggage Essentials
- Booking confirmation and boarding passes
- Travel chargers, phone, and headphones
- Credit cards, bank cards, and currency
- If you’re traveling to Europe you want to have your EHIC or travel insurance policies
- Emergency change of clothing and essential toiletries
- Earplugs, travel pillows, and eye mask
- An empty water bottle that can be refilled after passing security
- Physical reading material
- Suitcase essentials:
- A hairdryer if one is not supplied by the hotel
- Cosmetics and toiletries
- A small bag for daily use while on holiday
- A beach bag, which you may want to double as a piece of carry-on luggage
- Coverup and swimwear
- Bandannas, scarves, and hats
- Jewellery, making sure that nothing too sentimental is brought
- Camisoles and T-shirts
- A sweater for those cooler evenings
- Shorts and skirts
- A pair of jeans, if you are not already wearing them for the flight.
- Dresses and eveningwear
- A pashmina for cooler nights
- Some form of shape wear if you need a foundation garment.
- A pair of sandals, deals and trainers
- Electrical chargers and plug adapters if leaving the country
- Sunscreen, insect repellent and after sun care
- A hidden money belt
We do hope that this list is going to help you plan the perfect holiday, with this list you should be able to pack sensibly without forgetting anything or taking too much.